- In Mould Labelling on the rise
- Latest trend: orange peel IML labels
- Flashback video about 6 IML systems at Fakuma
From 13 to 17 October, Fakuma, the international trade fair for plastics processing, took place in Friedrichshafen, Germany. During this 24th edition of the exhibition visitors were able to discover in mould labels from Verstraete IML at 6 different booths. Verstraete IML has made a flashback video about these 6 systems:
Dieter Maes, Business Development Manager, reflects: ‘Fakuma has always been an interesting networking fair for us. Having again 6 machine set-ups showing our IML label quality is a great thing. Our team was present at the partner booths during the fair explaining market trends such as Metallic and Matt IML.’
Where Verstraete IML labels could be found
- In Hall A3, booth 3101, Arburg presented a foldable crate together with robot producer Campetella and mould producer SCS. The crate was decorated with IML labels. Two look & feel options were presented: glossy IML labels and orange peel IML labels.
- Italian machine producer BMB joined forces with the Swiss robot and mould producer Muller. They presented a lid decorated with an orange peel 50µ IML label. (Hall A4, booth 4105)
- Engel demonstrated a round tub with orange peel IML label, together with Otto Hofstetter. The machine used the latest Beck-Flex IML system from Beck Automation. (Hall A5, booth 5204)
- Furthermore, standard and metallic IML was shown on the booth of Roboplas (Hall A7, booth 7116). The Arburg machine produced a 2 cavity pail in cooperation with mould maker Erkoc Plastic. A metallic IML label gave the packaging a premium metallic look by the use of cold foil. A metallic IML product distinguishes itself on shelf by using this innovative IML label, taking the benefits of plastic while keeping the metal look.
- Netstal showed a 425g rectangular tub, decorated with a 5-sided IML label. The 4+4 cavity mould was manufactured by Plastisud. The machine used an IML automation from Machines Pagès on a five second cycle. (Hall A7, booth 7304).
- Ilsemann Automation, based in Germany, presented a 125g round cup in cooperation with machine producer Arburg. The IML label with orange peel look gave this cup an extra dimension. (Hall A7, booth 7403).
In its over 30 years history the Fakuma trade fair for plastics processing has become a prominent meeting place for the industry with international charisma. It holds second place in the overall ranking of international trade fairs for plastics. With 85,000 m2 Fakuma occupies the entire exhibition site in Friedrichshafen and currently presents around 1,700 exhibitors. Of the around 45,000 specialist visitors from 120 countries, 33 percent come from outside Germany.