- Entire conference session dedicated to automotive developments
- Focus on automotive applications at @utecheurope
An entire session of the UTECH Europe conference is dedicated to automotive developments with no less than nine papers out of the conference’s total of over 90.
Automotive conference highlights
The automotive market session of the conference is to be chaired by Mike Jeffs, a consultant for global bodies such as The World Bank who has worked at ICI and Huntsman Polyurethanes and was formerly director general of ISOPA.
Scheduled for the second day of the event, 15 April, the session will include the following papers:
- An Innovative Solution for the Production of PUR-based Carbon-reinforced Composite Parts for the Latest Hybrid Vehicles
by a representative of Cannon Group
- Sustainable Flame Retardant Developments for Low Emissions in the Flexible Polyurethane Foam Market
by Munjal Patel, Manager Global Market Support Polyurethanes, ICL-IP
- Eco-friendly Catalyst System for Flexible Polyurethane Foams with Reduced Amine Emission and Foam Odour
by Takao Suzuki, Manager, Tosoh Corporation
- And everything fits – New approaches to Seat Cushion Manufacturing
by Armin Daniel, Technical Director PU machines, FRIMO Group
- Evolution in Polyurethane Composites
by Alberto Fangareggi, Senior R&D Director, Dow
- Innovative stabilizers for Polyurethanes in automotive applications
by Cinzia Tartarini, Project Manager, BASF
Latest automotive developments at the exhibition
More than 80 companies will be showcasing their latest developments in the accompanying exhibition. Exhibitors showing developments in automotive applications include:
- Among Huntsman’s latest innovations on show will be a resin to enhance the manufacture of automotive carbon fibre composite panels.
- REPI will be profiling its VOC/FOG-free black and colour solutions as well as green and the phthalate-free lines for automotive applications.
- Tosoh Corporation will introduce RZETA, its new emission-free reactive amine catalyst which makes it possible to produce PU foams that do not emit VOCs or odour from amine chemicals.
- DESMA will be showcasing the use of solids in the automotive PU applications including bariumsulfate or aluminiumtryhydrate sound dampener and its expandable graphite flame retardant.
More information about the UTECH Europe 2015 can be found on our UTECH Europe 2015 fact sheet.