Underbody aero shield – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Environmental
- OEM Make & Model: 2016 Ford Motor Co. Ford Fusion midsize sedan
- Tier Supplier/Processor: US Farathane Corp.
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: US Farathane Corp.
- Material / Process: PET fibers / compression molding
- Description: In this application, underbody shields using virgin glass/PP LWRT composites were replaced by a material made from PET fibers, half of which were sourced from recycled water bottles. The result was lower cabin noise/better acoustics, better thermal performance, a 2% cost savings, and a more environmentally responsible solution.