Transparent lightweight wind deflector – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Aftermarket
- OEM Make & Model: 2016 General Motors Co. Corvette Stingray convertible sports car
- Tier Supplier/Processor: Polytec FOHA Inc. / SABIC
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: SABIC / Pace Machine Tool, Inc.
- Material / Process: Lexan 9043 PC with Exatec 900 coating / CNC-trimmed sheet
- Description: This is the first use of a self-mounted, transparent and frameless wind deflector for convertible cars that meets AS2 ANSI and ECE requirements. The steeply raked design minimizes air turbulence and noise when the top is down. Replacing glass with PC lowered mass 33% and allowed a contoured shape to be achieved that would have been difficult and costly in glass. A laser-etched monogram under the surface is unobtrusive to vision during driving, yet visible during inspection and meets regulatory requirements for glass marking. A plasma coating enhances scratch, chemical, and UV resistance for long use life.