Transmission heat exchange cradle – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Powertrain
- OEM Make & Model: 2015 Ford Motor Co. Lincoln MKC CUV
- Tier Supplier/Processor: A. Raymond Tinnerman
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: SABIC / not stated
- Material / Process: Noryl GTX 840 PPE/PA 6/6 / injection molding
- Description: A streamlined snap-fit design of a structural cradle eliminated the need for metal fasteners and typical welded/bolted on metal designs. This led to significant cost savings thanks to lower assembly time for the cradle itself and the entire front engine module consisting of 15 components. By eliminating the corrosion risk associated with die-cast aluminum and stamped steel in conventional designs, the MPPE/PA unit improves structural performance at elevated temperatures, and saves cost and weight vs. specialty materials.