First given in the year 2000, the SPE Automotive Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes the technical achievements of individuals whose work, in research, design, and/or engineering, has led to significant integration of polymeric materials on passenger vehicles. Winners include:
- J.T. Battenberg III, former chairman and chief-executive officer of Delphi Corp.
- Bernard Robertson, then executive vice-president of DaimlerChrysler
- Robert Schaad, chairman of Husky Injection Molding Systems, Ltd.
- Tom Moore, retired vice-president, Liberty and Technical Affairs at then DaimlerChrysler
- Mr. Shigeki Suzuki, general manager – Materials Division, Toyota Motor Co.
- Barbara Sanders, retired director-Advanced Development & Engineering Processes, Delphi Corp.
- Josh Madden, retired executive at General Motors Corp. (GM) & Volkswagen of America
- Frank Macher, former CEO of Collins & Aikman Corp., Federal Mogul Corp., and ITT Automotive;
- Irv Poston, retired head of the Plastics (Composites) Development-Technical Center, GM.
- Allan Murray, Ph.D., retired technology director at Ford Motor Co.
- David (Dave) B. Reed P.E., retired staff engineer, Product Engineering, GM
- Gary Lownsdale, P.E., chief technology officer, Plasan Carbon Composites
- Roy Sjöberg, P.E., retired, General Motors Corp. & Chrysler Corp.
- Dr. Norm Kakarala, retired, Inteva Products LLC.
- Frederick (Fred) Deans, P.E, co-founder and principal of Allied Composites Technologies, LLC.
(title/job position at time of award ceremony)