Rear lamp reflector – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Materials
- OEM Make & Model: 2015 FCA US LLC Dodge Challenger sports car
- Tier Supplier/Processor: Varroc Lighting Systems
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: SABIC/ not stated
- Material / Process: Lexan LUX 2289 PC / injection molding
- Description: Rear lighting plays an important safety and branding role. New lighting technologies have been combined with plastics to create innovative new designs, such as this rear lamp with unique lit and unlit appearance. The system uses high specular and diffuse reflection from multiple LEDs to create a homogeneous light glow. Thanks to a special color additive, the white polymer’s high reflectivity after molding and heat aging, and minimal color shift eliminates the need for direct metallization or painting. Injection molding also enables design features like clips to be integrally molded close to LED circuit boards.