Push-to-release exterior serviceability fastener – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Body Exterior
- OEM Make & Model: 2015 Ford Motor Co. Ford Mustang sports car
- Tier Supplier/Processor: ITW Deltar Fasteners
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: Ascend Performance Materials, LLC/ A&P Tool, Inc. & M&M Tool and Mold, LLC
- Material / Process: PA 6/6 / injection molding
- Description: Compared to other easy-service fasteners, which have twist heads to release, this injection-molded PA 6/6 fastener only requires that you push the center pin to the service position to remove. This fastener cannot back out or be removed from the installed position without deliberate actions by the customer. The pin and body are designed to not be easily separated; however, the fastener is reusable, unlike other push pins that become damaged in the process of removal. It meets EU lamp serviceability requirements, reducing the time needed to remove the fastener by 90% without tools.