Press bonding with edge folding & CNC deco stitch – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Process/Assembly/Enabling Technologies
- OEM Make & Model: 2015 Ford Motor Co. Ford F-150 pickup
- Tier Supplier/Processor: Faurecia Interior Systems
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: Haartz Corp./ FRIMO Group GmbH
- Material / Process: multiple / multiple
- Description: A combination of high-speed decorative stitching and press lamination with automatic edge folding and wrapping helped bring the look and quality of cut-&-sew and hand wrapping to a high-volume production vehicle. The innovative new process combination saves approximately 8 oz of weight by using lightweight TPO skins instead of heavier PVC, 10% scrap, 55% cycle time, $10 USD/vehicle direct costs, and approximately $1-million USD in tooling savings.