Natural fiber-reinforced PP – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Environmental
- OEM Make & Model: 2013 PSA Peugeot Citroën Peugeot 308 hatchback
- Tier Supplier/Processor: Faurecia Interior Systems
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: Automotive Performance Materials – APM/ not stated
- Material / Process: Nafilean PF2 natural PP +20% natural fiber / injection molding
- Description: This 20% hemp-filled PP reduces part weight up to 25% vs. higher density glass-reinforced PP and allows wall stock to be lowered to 2 mm. Thanks to the 20% bio content, this also reduces the part’s CO2 emissions 20% during its use life. The material is fully recyclable, and can be processed on conventional molding machines at lower energy consumption.