- Wide range of CFRC (Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composites) parts made with HP-RTM technology
- From preforming system to HP-RTM and LLD production cells
- Chinese government plans the manufacture of 5 million electric cars by 2020
Cannon has received a significant order from the Chinese company Kangde Composites Co. Ltd. for the high volume production of carbon fibre based composite parts made with HP-RTM (High Pressure Resin Transfer Moulding) technology. The project is finalized to the production of lightweight composite parts for new electric cars to be made in China. A government program, aimed at the reduction of gas emissions from the transportation sector, plans the manufacture of five million electric cars by 2020.
Wide range of CFRC (Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composites) parts
Kangde Composites Co. Ltd., a member of the Kangde Investment Group (producers of film laminates for packaging, optical industry and decorations), is going to invest in technology and equipment to manufacture the wide range of CFRC (Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composites) parts required to provide the necessary energy efficiency to these cars.
From preforming system to HP-RTM and LLD production cells
The contract is covering a whole range of technologies and equipment, including:
- Carbon fibre stacks production (with a dedicated nesting software to optimize Carbon fibre yield and minimize handling)
- Carbon fibre stacks preforming system
- HP-RTM(High Pressure Resin Transfer Moulding) and LLD (Liquid Lay Down) production cells.
Delivery and installation of the Cannon HP-RTM moulding plant is planned for 2016.