Emblem front-camera deployment mechanism – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Body Exterior
- OEM Make & Model: 2016 Ford Motor Co. Lincoln MKX CUV
- Tier Supplier/Processor: Huf North America / Huf North America & Laudenbach Formtechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: Lanxess Corp., DuPont Automotive, BASF Corp., Celanese / Yantai Huf Tools Co. Ltd.& Laundenbach Formtechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Material / Process: multiple / injection molding
- Description: To avoid blemishing the face of the vehicle with the mechanical appearance of an exposed camera, but satisfy the global customer, the camera had to be hidden and deployed only when required. Traditional deployable cameras were on the rear of vehicles and required bulky and heavy metallic housings and components. Front mounting required the lightest possible solution to avoid fascia deformation and vibration during road loads. Converting to an all-plastics mechanism saved 41-55% mass with no loss of function, allowed a camera washer nozzle to be hidden so camera is washed in stowed position, and led to multiple patent filings.