Door-trim switch bezel – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Process/Assembly/Enabling Technologies
- OEM Make & Model: 2016 Ford Motor Co. Ford Edge CUV
- Tier Supplier/Processor: Yanfeng USA Automotive Trim Systems Inc.
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: BASF Corp. / Michael Tool & Mold (Windsor) Ltd.
- Material / Process: Ultramid A3L PA 6/6 / injection molding
- Description: By combining a heated mold and a special stainless-steel cavity with extra cooling on the grained surface, it was possible to create the look of 2 parts (one in high-gloss piano black and one in a low-gloss grained surface) in a single tool while achieving impeccable fit and finish and craftsmanship. This eliminated the need to mold multiple parts and/or paint, saved 200 g and $4 USD/vehicle, and eliminated the VOCs and cost of a painting operation.