Compact driver’s side bin – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Body Interior
- OEM Make & Model: 2015 Ford Motor Co. Ford Edge CUV
- Tier Supplier/Processor: Yanfeng USA Automotive Trim Systems Inc.
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: Celanese, Advanced Composites, Inc., Ineos Group Ltd., & Trinseo / Circle 5 Tool & Mold Inc.
- Material / Process: Celcon UV140LG XAP &, LW90-52 POM, ADX 5017 TPO, Ineos HH1891 ABS, & Pulse 2000 EZ PC/ABS / injection molding
- Description: Thanks to a simple, non-binding, all-plastic rail system, this bin box is quiet, fully dampened, and requires no grease. The self-centering POM snap-in rail caps and molded-in lower stabilizing rails allow full extension of the bin drawer while providing smooth, durable function. No screws, mechanical fasteners, welding or heat staking were required in the mating process, eliminating secondary operations and lowering assembly labor.