Charge-port bezel – SPE Automotive finalist
- SPE Automotive Innovation Awards Competition 2015 finalist – Category: Body Exterior
- OEM Make & Model: 2016 General Motors Co. Chevrolet Volt BEV
- Tier Supplier/Processor: ITW Deltar
- Material Supplier / Toolmaker: Celanese / ITW Deltar
- Material / Process: MetaLX Hostaform POM / injection molding
- Description: Thanks to use of elastic averaging, this injection-molded charge-port bezel is located very precisely with no gaps or movement normally associated with typical cantilevered snap-fit components. The application also used molded-in-color POM material, which provided the appearance of chrome without the cost or environmental concerns. Additionally, the design helped reduce labor to install and ensure the part was centered in the charge-port opening.