- High performance PLA stronger than ABS
- Softening temperature of 120°C
- “Top 6” candidate for “Bio-based Material of the Year 2015”
The standard 3D printing material for technical parts is ABS. It is used mainly due to its softening temperature of more than 105°C and its high mechanical stability. Now the company TwoBEars GbR, Germany, has introduced new high performance PLA blends that are stronger than ABS. The material also features special optic and haptic properties making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
The properties of the PlaTec at a glance:
• softening temperature of 120°C
• tensile stress of 44 N/mm2
• modulus of elasticity in tension of 2600 MPa
• tensile stress at break of 24 N/mm2
• tensile strain at break of 97%
• Charpy impact strength (23°C) of 59 kJ/m
The company TwoBEars was founded in 2013 to devolop bio-material for 3D-Printing, rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing.